Heater broke help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pud2224

Aquarium Advice Activist
got home from work to find my eheim jäger heater filled up with water and broke. I have 5 cherry barb, 1 guppy, 1 molly 2 ghost shrimp, 2 adf's. Temp went from 78 down to 72 F. Will they be able to withstand those low temps for a few days til my new heater arrives? My backup is currently in a qt with 3 guppies and 1 three weekold fry. Not sure what to do here....

Guppies don't "really" need heat. They can live in almost anything. I'd take that heater and put it in the tank.

If goes get too cold. Here is what I did during a two week power outage during the winter, many years ago. I heated up part of the water on the stove (natural gas), then put it back in. it was already treated, so it was just a warming. I did that twice a day on 75 gallon tank and didn't have any casualties; some turned out to be some really hearty and long living fish.

I didn't have much choice at the time, but it actually worked. I'll have to say though, i was really glad to get power back.

Rupret.

Good idea warming the water, I moved the qt heater and did small wc in qt with warm water. All seem happy so far

Back
Top Bottom