Heater condensation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alkane

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just noticed that two of my Hydor Theo heaters have small amounts of condensation in them:nono:.

They are both about a year old. I haven't experienced any shocks or malfunctions. They both work better than other heaters I have(had).

Can I keep using them?

They start at that then they fill up with water then they Don't work any longer. I just had to replace a heater the temp dropped 10 degrees when I found it. Watch it close.

didysis said:
They start at that then they fill up with water then they Don't work any longer. I just had to replace a heater the temp dropped 10 degrees when I found it. Watch it close.

Just go ahead and buy one so you'll have it on hand, because its gonna fail soon. Just don't wanna be caught with ur pants down on a cold night.

Thanks!

I'm just using it as back-up in my main tank and to heat up water for PWC's. I'm more worried about it zapping my fish and possibly me.

I'll leave it in there for now and if it dies or fills up with water I'll trash it.

img_1796798_0_96c95e11f3ff94530f74c60ef935767b.jpg

They do have heaters with lifetime warranties. Aqueon pro heaters they are the best Amazon best price. Pm me if you need more info

Back
Top Bottom