heater guard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just got a couple of synodontis eupterus, and i have read 2 websites so far that say a heater guard is recommended for they can easily get burned if they hide behind the heater

personally i didn't even know heater guards existed, but do you guys think that is really necessary? i would just think if the heater was hot, the fish would naturally not swim up against it (duh!) lol

what kind of filter are u running, if you have a canister you can get an inline heater like hydro 100w 200w n 300w heater that doesnt even go inside your tank. regarding the guard I have no idea.

I know some fish do not have heat pain recptors. (Before I learned this I thought the same thing as you.)

Do you have a way that you can put the heater in an area of high water flow? The extra water flow will keep the surface of the heater much cooler.

hmm that's very interesting hashbaz. unfortunately i do not have too high of a current in that tank, as it is only a 55 gallon with a power filter on it.

i'm thinking of just getting a heater guard in that case...seems like my best option

but it looks like all bigal's has for heater guards are for smaller heaters...mines like a little less than 300 watts i think :-/ don't have time to check now

http://www.bigalsonline.com/search/...sitebuilder/catalog3-1&keywords1=heater+guard

intresting I didn't think about wetehr fish could feel heat pains, but then agian why would they make a guard if they couldn't, to make money thats why loll

Back
Top Bottom