Heater issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fadetoblack06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have a Aqueon 300 watt heater in my 55 gallon fresh water aquarium, the house temp is 78 degrees right now and I can not get my aquariums temp to go under 82, I have the heater set to 76 and the temp does not go down at all from there. Any suggestions?

What kind of thermometer do you have. I've had almost the same thing happen to me but the other way. My digital thermometer was reading 73-75 degrees, so I thought my heater was bad so I bought a new one at $35.00 to find out that it was a bad thermometer. Just a thought.

I have one of the sticker ones but I also used a regular hospital grade thermometer and it read 81.4 so it was close, I have turned down the heat on it so we shall see what happens maybe the temp is off on the heater.

Heater issue resolved, I turned down the heater to 76 and it is staying at a comfortable 79 now, must have been the heater settings were off.

Almost all heaters are off like that. The aqueon in my 40 breeder has to be set a couple degrees lower than what I want, but it stays stable

Back
Top Bottom