Heater Knockin Sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1 LARA

Aquarium Advice Freak
wn my heater comes on it makes a knokin sound
can anyone elaborate?

I am not an expert but I would turn it off and buy a new one...

When water hits very hot coils inside the heater, it can evaporate with a popping sound. I would worry that the seal has failed on your heater.

Remove it immediately. Especially if you have it submerged. Electrified water is extremely dangerous. Once the seal fully breaches it is nothing more than an extension cord in your tank.

Make sure you unplug it before you go near the water.

Any ideas for a good inexpensive heater for my 75GAL?

Any ideas for a good inexpensive heater for my 75GAL?

There's a good chance you may still be under warranty. Try contacting Aqueon and see what they say about the problem. A phone call will probably get you farther than an email.

There's a good chance you may still be under warranty. Try contacting Aqueon and see what they say about the problem. A phone call will probably get you farther than an email.
I got it 4/01/11 and have the store reciept. I dont have the box or any packaging material it came with, directions, warrenty card ect.

Talked to Aqueon.
They are gonna replace it.
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom