Heater placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all, I am wondering what the best placement for a heater is in a planted tank. Should I keep it as far away from the plants as possible?

I'm not sure if what I was told is accurate but... I was told to keep the heater close to the filter intake. But if your worried about the plants coming in contact with the heating element that's a whole new ball game. I would think it wouldn't harm the plant, but then again there are a lot of things that you wouldn't think would happen but they always do.. Sorry I'm not much help, still learning the planted tank life!

Amicus said:
Hi all, I am wondering what the best placement for a heater is in a planted tank. Should I keep it as far away from the plants as possible?

As said above, close to the intake will give you the most accurate reading.

I keep my heater close to the output of my filter so the heat is distributed evenly thru out the tank from the flow. I also have plants that grow right next to the heater and they seem to do just fine, so IME I'd say don't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom