Heater Placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Davekyn

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,
I seem to have optimized my heating by placing my heater horizontal.

I orignaly had it stuck in the corner like the noobie I am. I then moved it into the middle where the current would cross its path. I soon obsereved that the heater kept cutting out before the set temprature was reach.

I figured the current was to strong so I then left the heater in the same spot but moved it horizontal and its peen perfect ever since.

It may be different for others out there, but if anyone out there has a powerhead current down the back off your tank Like me and having troubles temps, you could always try the horizontal position.

Figured it was worth a mention :roll:

i have an inline on my xp3 and my water doesnt change by even a half degree. also having flouresent lights help. on my 10 gal it has reg bulbs and when the light are on it heats the water up like 3 deg so i have to keep the heater on 75 and the tank stays at 79. and at night without the light it drops to 78.

Sounds interesting,
could you please describe what an inline heater is and looks like?
Thanks

Looks like they need to update their site, lol. The Hydor ETH 200 is a 1/2" fitting, and the Hydor ETH 201 is the 5/8" fitting. They have both listed as the ETH 200, lol. I got the ETH 201 for my XP2 on my 29G.

there mainly used on cainster filters, they go on the return line from the canister filter, as the water is pushed back in the tank it runs through ther heater being heated as it goes, really cool way of doing it, and I like them because it does away with having a visibile heater in the tank

Back
Top Bottom