Heater questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megi-lin

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I added a 100 watt heater to my aquarium. I do not think it is enough. I have a 20 gal and 100 watts is recommended. But last night my tank was sitting at 76 degrees. Now it is sitting at 68 degrees. I have lost a fish already. Should I get a higher wattage heater?

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are you sure that your heater didn't die? Unless the room is under 60 degrees a 100 watt heater should be enough

Are you sure that your heater didn't die? Unless the room is under 60 degrees a 100 watt heater should be enough

My house thermostat says 68 degrees. So does my tank thermometer. It may be a defective heater.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I will. I checked it and it was cold. I turned my tank light on to heat the water. I may have to get stress zyme to prevent ick. What brand of heater would you recommend? I want something reliable.

Yeah, a 100 watt heater should easily be enough for a 20 gallon. I would replace it.

I'll check for Aqueon. I have their tank and all their equipment. The guy I bought it all from had all that. It has been great. I hope my lfs has their heaters.

I like jager heaters, aqueon heaters are also pretty reliable and have a lifetime warranty.

Back
Top Bottom