Hellp oil slick on water surface

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cameron6796

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an issue with an oil slick appearing on the surface of my tank i have good surface agitation and clean and maintain well but i have this reaccuring problem with oily water i take a cup and skim it of but within a day its back

Attachments

• image-1118773867.jpg
    image-1118773867.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 82
  • image-109011887.jpg
    image-109011887.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 81
Increase surface movement or get a surface skimmer. I had the same issue and didnt want to increase the surface movement as it would unbalance my o2/co2. Surface skimmer works wonders

I have an issue with an oil slick appearing on the surface of my tank i have good surface agitation and clean and maintain well but i have this reaccuring problem with oily water i take a cup and skim it of but within a day its back

Wash your hands with as hot of water as you can tolerate before putting them in the aquarium it could be skin oils

Two ways to remove. Surface aggitation as already mentioned and putting a paper towel on top of it and then pull it out. When you pull it out it will bring the oily residue with it.

Some fish foods have more oils in them than others. Change the diet around a bit and see if it helps.

David

Back
Top Bottom