Originally Posted by SadSoyBeans
You could use a siphon to suck out that mucus. My guess is that the mucus is an algea. It will probably come back though. It might be caused by poor water quality, you may be over feeding and the uneaten food/waste will build up.
I would recomend more frequent water changes and a siphon to suck out the waste or take out the grass and clean it out well, if you can use warm declorinated water.
Hardness @ 180 (high)
ph @ 7.5-8 (high)
Ammonia 0.5 (should be zero)
Everything else is where is should be
Ill be heading to my fish store tomorrow to purchase a siphon
, water conditioner
, and bacteria support
. Hope that'll do the trick
What fish can you recommend to clean out the grass to ease siphoning?