HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommaof4boys

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need silicone to glue my rocks that's safe for aquariums and there is a whole wall of silicone an NONE say safe for aquariums!!! Help me... please!

You can get actual aquarium silicone sealant at most fish stores, I've seen it at Pet Smart before. I've actually used this product HoldFast Epoxy Stick
numerous times and I've seen it at Pet Smart also. Call around to the pet stores in your area and see what they have. If I remember right the putty can be put in the tank right away.

GE Momentive series RTV103 for black and Momentive RTV108 for clear, if available. GE Silicone 1 or 2 for windows and doors (allow 2 to cure for 48 hours as it has an ammonia based curing agent).

Basically, you can use anything that is 100% silicone and has NO mold/bacteria inhibitors (like bathroom stuff).

Thank you guys very much! I found some aquarium safe silicon... I tried petsmart and apparently here they don't carry it anymore? I tried a hardware store, nothing, walmart, nothing, finally found little 3 oz tubes at Lowes... Sigh.. Lol

Back
Top Bottom