Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I plan on getting a colony going, once I get my guppy tank sorted. You would only need 8-10 and they will breed away....

Yeah I plan on getting a colony going, once I get my guppy tank sorted. You would only need 8-10 and they will breed away....

That could be kinda neat. Let me see if I can find any. Y'all are killing me! Lol, every time you suggest doing something, I do it or buy it!

I don't know anything about them! Do they just stay on the bottom? Do they swim? See, I'm clueless! How many can go in three gallons? What kind of plants?
Very easy to look after. A sponge filter is ideal, but your low flow filter should be fine. A very small piece of driftwood and some moss. They will gladly graze away on the moss....

Very easy to look after. A sponge filter is ideal, but your low flow filter should be fine. A very small piece of driftwood and some moss. They will gladly graze away on the moss....

The only moss I have is a few moss balls and a small rock covered in moss. My filter can easily be covered with panty hose, but every time something gets sucked up I just dump it out. It never hurts anything it sucks up. I would have to order driftwood too.

That could be kinda neat. Let me see if I can find any. Y'all are killing me! Lol, every time you suggest doing something, I do it or buy it!
They are so cool. In my LFS, they have a cool little tank setup on the counter and I have found myself just staring at it while getting served. I'll take a picture next time i'm in there. My plan is to have one on my bedside locker. I'll have to bribe my other half though. A trip to the hairdressers or new shoes/bag usually works!!!

They are so cool. In my LFS, they have a cool little tank setup on the counter and I have found myself just staring at it while getting served. I'll take a picture next time i'm in there. My plan is to have one on my bedside locker. I'll have to bribe my other half though. A trip to the hairdressers or new shoes/bag usually works!!!

That is too funny!!

Addictions do cost money. At least ours is a healthy one!!!

This is true!! I had a 55 gallon that I had cycling. My niece was given a turtle, and was keeping the poor thing in a 5 gallon tank. I took it down, and told her to come get her turtles new home.

Hello my tank is 36 gallons. Have had a hard time as some of my fish have died. I did not know the problem. But I think I've found out what was wrong. When I did a partial water change I took out 10 gallons and added per instructions 10 mil of stress coat & 10 mil of stress zyme. I did some reading, come to find out I was coating my fish gills as well. I did another water change 10 gallons and added quick start only. My fish that was swimming verticallty is now swimming hoizonally again, but gills are red. What to do?

Hello my tank is 36 gallons. Have had a hard time as some of my fish have died. I did not know the problem. But I think I've found out what was wrong. When I did a partial water change I took out 10 gallons and added per instructions 10 mil of stress coat & 10 mil of stress zyme. I did some reading, come to find out I was coating my fish gills as well. I did another water change 10 gallons and added quick start only. My fish that was swimming verticallty is now swimming hoizonally again, but gills are red. What to do?

Api quick start doesn't remove chlorine or chloramine so that could definitely be your problem.

image-2267635832.jpg

image-1017573116.jpg

image-1490497916.jpg

Here are my results this morning. PH was 7.6, but my daughter knocked the test tube over and broke it. Nitrates are clearly in the orange! Finally! I did my swap over to sand, and maybe that helped. When I removed the gravel, I cleaned the bottom very well. I have plants arriving today(water sprite) and that should help to. Fish are all doing well. I think the two that look the worst, are just old. They don't get any worst, and they eat great. The snails have been helping keep the sand clean. I am going to do a wc this afternoon. When I swapped over to sand, I took all the plastic plants out. They were getting old, and looked a bit dirty. Everything is going really really well! Thank you guys for all of you help!!!!

View attachment 171225

View attachment 171226

View attachment 171227

Here are my results this morning. PH was 7.6, but my daughter knocked the test tube over and broke it. Nitrates are clearly in the orange! Finally! I did my swap over to sand, and maybe that helped. When I removed the gravel, I cleaned the bottom very well. I have plants arriving today(water sprite) and that should help to. Fish are all doing well. I think the two that look the worst, are just old. They don't get any worst, and they eat great. The snails have been helping keep the sand clean. I am going to do a wc this afternoon. When I swapped over to sand, I took all the plastic plants out. They were getting old, and looked a bit dirty. Everything is going really really well! Thank you guys for all of you help!!!!
Hey, it could be just the picture but it looks like you have some Nitrites. Does it look 0 in person???. Also, I would do a 50% water change.....

Hey, it could be just the picture but it looks like you have some Nitrites. Does it look 0 in person???. Also, I would do a 50% water change.....

I see it too. Nitrites in even small amounts are dangerous. You've been at zero ... what changed?

It looks like it is just above zero, but then again they all have to me.

I am wondering if changing to sand may have started a mini cycle?! I'm not sure?
It's possible, as gravel does hide a lot of gunk. If you've done a 50% water change today/night, check it again tomorrow. Keep an eye on it, it might involve a few big water changes but imo you should be fine.....

It's possible, as gravel does hide a lot of gunk. If you've done a 50% water change today/night, check it again tomorrow. Keep an eye on it, it might involve a few big water changes but imo you should be fine.....

I am going to do a 50% wc today. I meant to get to it earlier. Hopefully it will go back down soon...

Back
Top Bottom