Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave9365

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Set up a 2000l/h external canister on my 250l tank..it has been running for 24hrs but water is cloudy?!
(The water was clear before I put this filter on when I was running a 900l/h trickle filter in the hood)

What could be going on? Surely it should have been crystal clear after a few hours? I'm really confused?!

Oh..I've also started running the 900l/h filter as well just to try and clear the water but doesn't seem to be clearing after 2-3 hrs

Yer I transferred media over and squeezed out all the mechanical media over the new stuff. That's why I'm confused. It should have been straight forward. I did have a bit of difficulty priming the pipes of the new canister filter and it shot out a load of air into the tank but that shouldn't be it? Should it? Lol :/

no it shouldn't be cloudy, is there anything else in the tank you've changed? moving around substrate? added new fish? did you only squeeze the old filter media? that might not have been enough, normally you run both for at 4-6 weeks and then take the old filter off.

No nothing else has changed. I put all the bio balls, ceramic rings and carbon out of old filter into new one and then squeezed all 4 wool pads over the new pads in the new canister plus priming the new filter with aquarium water from the tank. That should have been sufficient to get the filter going. Ive done it before and never had a problem. I am now running both the filters so hopefully it will clear up. All my parameters are fine tho. P.h 8.0 - Ammonia 0 - Nitrite 0 - Nitrate 10 kh and gh are fine as well. Really annoyed and confused cuz I just want my clear water back lol

Back
Top Bottom