Help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

benjaminite22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My opaline gouramie is looking perfectly healthy, no parasite or anything. He is swimming well but he is all of a sudden very shy. I wasn't able to feed him because he would hide behind the driftwood and stay there for a few minutes. He lives with other gouramies in a well decorated 30 gallon tank. It's weird, because all of the other fish are behaving normally, including the 9 cory catfish. (I have a feeling someone will say my tank is too small for the three gouramies)

Hi Ben,

Not sure if this is the case with yours but just as an FYI, I also have 3 Gouramis in my tank and they will often hide or shy away for long periods...in fact they love their caves and will spend long periods just hanging out inside them.

Some fish are really unpredictable. Suddenly, they would just change their attitudes!
If you are completely sure that the gourami is perfectly healthy, and your water conditions are fine, then you have nothing to worry about.
It's just normal fish behavior you're seeing there :)

Back
Top Bottom