help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justlyndauk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi!
I keep african dwarf frogs. yesterday, I found one dead. I'm afraid it was fungus. I have looked everywhere, and it seems the best way to treat it is with maracyn 1.apparently, it's not available in this country. does anyone know of an effective alternative, and where to get it please? I am desperate, as I don't want to lose any more. They have a tank to themselves, as I have a large tank that I keep fish in.
thankyou in anticipation!

Hello, welcome to the forum :)

I can't help too much. A possible alternative for a bacterial infection (which I believe M1 treats) would be triple sulpha or maybe tetracycline. These are both available in Australia so they may be present where you are. For fungal infections on frogs I can't really help sorry.

Thank you very much for your help. I will ask around the better aquarium suppliers for tetracycline, and hope we can get it in the UK

hi!
thanks again. It was a fungal infection. I think he had injured himself, and I hadn't noticed, as they can be very secretive, and reclusive. I don't think my other Froggers are in danger, but I am doing my best to keep an eye on each one. I'll check out the link you sent me, Happy New Year to you x
regards,
Lynda

Back
Top Bottom