Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TillyB

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I’m really new to keeping fish and my poor Oranda is struggling. I thought he had swim bladder as he was staying mainly at the top of the tank and looked like he was struggling to swim. The other goldfish with him kept bullying him so I moved him into a separate tank to try and treat the swim bladder but his fins look awful and he’s very lethargic. What can I do for him?74B60667-ABDF-4F43-8BB2-382AEAD7DE6E.jpg

Sorry your fish isn’t doing so well! Have you tested the water parameters lately? What were the numbers for ammonia/nitrite/nitrate/temp.

Tank size (of the original and current tank) and tank mates?

How old/ big is the fish? Is this a new development? How long has it been going on? If there are tankmates are they having any symptoms?

Both hovering at the surface and tattered fins can be symptoms of water quality issues so I would be careful moving him unless the tank you’ve moved him to is appropriately sized and cycled. If it isn’t then moving him will likely do more harm than good.

Back
Top Bottom