HELP / ADVISE (again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks again.
In the past, the catfish would indeed stay close to the bottom, and once in a while, coot up en than down again. These, project a different pattern.
Water is still rather misty, but as per your advise (as well as the LPS,I will not change filter for a whole week.
B.t.w. would a FEMALE Betta be a good idea ??? the male my daughter dumped in it seems rather lonely, although very peaceful. Used to attack other fish ( weeeelittle ones) in my daughter's 2 gallon bowl. But seems to be at home in my 20 gallon. She fusses a lot over it, and perhaps cleans it too often. Oh well, she does not have the room for a bigger tank. Ans this way I inherit some fish now and than.
As soon as the water is completely clear again, i will try to make some pictures.
Thanks for all the feedback. HN

You're scaring me by saying you won't change the filter for a week. You shouldn't be changing filter media until it's absolutely falling apart, which is usually after 3-4 months, if not longer.

Female bettas are just as aggressive as male bettas in community situations. If you do put one in this tank, you must have a separate tank for this betta in case it doesn't work out.

LyndaB said:
Female bettas are just as aggressive as male bettas in community situations. If you do put one in this tank, you must have a separate tank for this betta in case it doesn't work out.

I'm to understand the OP currently has a MALE Betta in the tank with the other fish and feels the male Betta is lonely and wants to add a FEMALE Betta into the tank also....

I hear some situations where males and females have been kept together but generally would result in the death of one of the bettas...
I don't recommend it... Especially in only a 20g tank. I have a female in my community tank and my male has a tank to himself...

Hi,
Bettas do not get lonely, they are solitary fish. If you have a Betta I strongly advise not adding another one of any sex. Males and females should not be kept together except for a brief period during breeding. Multiple males should never be in the same tank without a secure divider. Females can be kept in sororities but it's advised to have 6+ and that they be sisters from the same spawn.

Back
Top Bottom