Help! Danio species confusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktomminello

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anybody know if "rose" danio and "pearl" danio (danio roseus and brachydanio albolineatus, respectively) are commonly sold together as the same species?

I have a sneaking suspicion that I have 1 of a different lineage than the other 2 as it is obviously larger and displays slightly darker coloring. Thanks for reading, hopefully someone has an answer.

what am I doing?

Hi, do you have pictures? I am not sure about those particular danios, but I have received different danios on the odd occasion, but everything worked out in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hi, do you have pictures? I am not sure about those particular danios, but I have received different danios on the odd occasion, but everything worked out in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for your response! As you have dealt with danios you probably can relate in the almost impossible nature of taking a picture that can show such subtle differences, plus I can't post pics in forum.

However, I did come across this article that answered my question ? and would like to share it, in case there is anyone with the same question about their own "pearl" or "rosy" danio.

http://freshaquarium.about.com/od/danios/p/Rosy-Danio.htm

Oh happy day

what am I doing?

Lol. Of course, impossible to take pictures. Duh. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom