Help!! Filter not working?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly123

Aquarium Advice Regular
I woke up this morning and my tank is quite murky, there’s a lot of particles floating around.

I tested the water and it’s normal considering I haven’t changed the water in a week (ammonia is 0.25, nitrites are 0 and nitrates are 0). I put some water clarifier in a couple hours ago, but it’s still not clearing.

The filter is running, but it doesn’t look like it’s clearing. It’s a 170L tank with a aqua one canister filters. First time this has ever happened, I’ve had this setup for over a year. Does anyone know what’s happening? (You can’t really see the murkiness in the photo but that’s my setup)

IMG_4840.jpg

Just curious, am I correct in counting 8 goldfish and 8 Mollies/Danios/????

Just curious, am I correct in counting 8 goldfish and 8 Mollies/Danios/????

Yes. I know that’s it’s a lot but I do a full clean once a week and everything is fine, I’ve never had any issues eg fish aggression or filter issues before

I was more thinking of how much room is recommended for each goldfish. I believe its 20g for 1 and 10g for each additional one as they create a lot of waste and can grow surprisingly large. As long as you realize how big a tank you will eventually need for the amount of fish you have it's all good

It depends on the goldfish actually. Comet goldfish need a pond eventually because they will get huge, something like 16".
Fancies are reccomend at like 30 gallons minimum and then 10 gallons for each additional goldfish. They will get between 4"-12" depending on the species.

Have you cleaned your canister filter before? I know it's a lot of work and doesn't really need it as often as a HOB but maybe you have something clogging it slightly somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom