Help - fish room air pump needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livefishguy124

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i am trying to chose an air pump for my fish room. it is about 400 gallons has 8 tanks an i want to run air on all. it also needs to be quiet and not break the bank (over $100)

well i am mostly just air stones, but some tanks will have sponge filters.

i am trying to chose an air pump for my fish room. it is about 400 gallons has 8 tanks an i want to run air on all. it also needs to be quiet and not break the bank (over $100)

It's more about depth of the water than gallons as the pressure from the water will determine what size pump you can use. I have a compressor that used to run 300-400 10 gal tanks but yet it can't blow certain airstones I have unless they are in 6" or less of water because the compressor is a "volume" air supply while the air stones need a "pressure" air supply. So if you can give us a more exact measurement of what you have, it would help better to advise. ;)(y)

oh, ok. i have a 90 gallon (24 inches deep) 2 29 gallons (18 inches deep) a 45 gallon(18 inches deep) 2 20 gallons (16 inches deep) a 10 gallon (12 inches deep) a 5 gallon (12 inches deep) a 6 gallon (12 inches deep) and a 46 gallon (i believe it is 18-22 inches deep).

Back
Top Bottom