HELP GLASS REPARE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
i am adding rockwork to a 75 gallon tank to put African cichlids in. one of the rocks was kind of shark and i bumped the glass and made a little dent in the glass, like a rock chiping a wind shield, it is not cracked or anything, but it is low on the glass.

what can i do about this? it is fixable, with silicon?

Will it be seen when all is done???
other than replacing the whole piece all I can think of is a piece of glass over it...butter the piece w/silicone, and put a neat bead around the edges...shouldn't look too bad???

OUCH!!!

If it's that low, you should be able to cover it with substrate once you fix it. I would see if other glass sealants are non toxic as I don't know if I would trust just silicone with that much water pressure on top of it. Maybe be another industrial sealant on it, and then put silicone over it.

redswi said:
Will it be seen when all is done???
other than replacing the whole piece all I can think of is a piece of glass over it...butter the piece w/silicone, and put a neat bead around the edges...shouldn't look too bad???

OUCH!!!

I agree. Is this on the base of the tank? If so you can just find a small piece of glass and silicone that over the area you've damaged.

i take it back 8O

i drained the rest of the water out (only like an inch or two) and there is no crack that i can find :roll:

what i took the picture of turned out to be a little piece of loose silicone on the outside of the glass under the frame :oops:

i can find NO physical evidence of any damage to the glass, so i am filling it back up!

wish me luck!

Good luck, man. We don't wish it upon you, but we want to see disaster pictures if they happen.

Back
Top Bottom