help guys...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
elmont/valley stream, long Island, New York
hey people i am having a n issue with my air bubble hose..... i have the hose that pushes bubbles but as of late i have to keep rubbing against it in order to get a fair amount of bubbles....how do you clean this thing...????my fish needs oxygen and i need some advice ........any information would be helpful...thanks

What type of air pump you got? Most fish do not need much oxygen at all, they can do fine just without it...

+1 to tyspot

In reality the tanks get properly aerated with enough movement in the surface, nevertheless air bubbles always make the tank look much better in my opinion.

I don't maintain my hose or airstone, my suggestion is that maybe your pump is leaking air at the connections, some times the plastic tube expands at the connections and leaks air, so I normally cut the end to reconnect with the pump or the airstone.

Hope it helps

Most fish do not need much oxygen at all, they can do fine just without it...

Re-read this. I'm going to have to disagree that fish can do fine without oxygen. I know what you're getting at though.

What Tyler means is most aquariums don't need any sort of air stone unless you're running a UGF. The filter creates surface agitation on the water which dissolves enough oxygen into the water.

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is, but it sounds like your air stone is plugged. Soaking it in white vinegar may lengthen its life, but you'll have to replace it eventually.

Back
Top Bottom