Help help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PWattwood

Aquarium Advice Regular
My male dwarf gourami is chasing/ bullying the female. I've had them a month and they have always been fine.

Any advice please

If I'm correct that is six US gallons, IMO gouramis are not suitable in that tank size, it is probably out of agression and they should be moved to a bigger tank. Could you post a pic of them? That way we can be 100% sure whether they are male and female.

staticmap

Hi here's my dwarf gouramis, pic not great sorry

Attachments

• image-3922743670.jpg
    image-3922743670.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 66
Judging by the coloration (that's how I sexed my gouramis) one is a male and one is a female. In that small of a tank the male does not have enough territory and will most likely take it out on the female. I would suggest rehoming them to a bigger tank if possible, that way he has more room to wander and she has more room to hide.

Did you just post a map and address to your house along with the picture of your fish on the internet? :eek: That's not very safe. :nono:

NoMoreGoldFish said:
Did you just post a map and address to your house along with the picture of your fish on the internet? :eek: That's not very safe. :nono:

I didn't mean to do that, didn't realise I had done it till it posted

LollyAttwood said:
I didn't mean to do that, didn't realise I had done it till it posted

You can go back and edit the post to remove the image...otherwise you can click the report button and ask a moderator to remove it for you. Yeah, there's some crazy people out there...hopefully not too many here on the site :)

Back
Top Bottom