Help! I think my son fed my betta too much.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rusty928

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there, so I was working yesterday and my son said he feed my betta about 10 pellets or so. Does that cause bloating, if so please let me know asap.
Thanks!

Overfeeding over a period will cause bloating. Assuming its a one-off and your fish doesnt show any sypmtoms (swollen belly, pinecone scales, bulging eyes, pale gills) I would just keep an eye on it.

Did the betta eat all 10? If any are left uneaten on the bottom i would try and remove them.

Im not knowledeable about bettas but i think 2 or 3 betta pellets twice a day is normal.

Bettas will over-eat in an instant, as you've found out. The betta's stomach is roughly the size of it's eye. So a lot of people gauge how much they feed by the size of the eye. You can feed twice a day. Many people fast their betta once a week- so no food for one day.
Like Aiken said, he may bloat- just keep an eye on him. You can always try to give him a pea if he does bloat.

Overfeeding over a period will cause bloating. Assuming its a one-off and your fish doesnt show any sypmtoms (swollen belly, pinecone scales, bulging eyes, pale gills) I would just keep an eye on it.

Did the betta eat all 10? If any are left uneaten on the bottom i would try and remove them.

Im not knowledeable about bettas but i think 2 or 3 betta pellets twice a day is normal.

Well, the food we got the betta floats at the top, the betta ate a few, then left it alone for a bit (I am unsure of how long) then ate more, then left it alone, so on so fourth.

Back
Top Bottom