Help ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkA123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think my betta has ick she has white spots all over her gills and it's starting to grow on her body. She keeps rubbing up on the glass. I don't have any experience with ick so what should I do? I've heard it spreads to your substrate and then into you fish and then it's impossible to stop. I can't use that methalane blue or green stuff because I have 5 soon to be 6 albino Cory catfish which don't have scales they have armor plates. So what should I do? It's a 28g sand substrate slightly lit filtered with penguin 150 aquariu with driftwood 1 female veiltale betta and 5 albino Cory catfish 150w stealth pro heater kept at 78f. It's a brand new 500 (we bought it at Petco, ripoff) aquarium and I don't want ick. I have several small tanks 2 glass bowls with gravel, 1 1.77g spongefitered gravel artificially planted tank, 2 1g undergravel filtered tanks with decor and gravel. I believe the tank has been cycled (the 28g) but not 100 percent sure were going to Petco tomorrow to test it. All of the above tanks have been cycled but I think all the benificial bacteria has does because there's no ammonia source. Should I put her I one of the bowls and treat her? I can't treat the primary tank for if because of the catfish and I don't have a heated bowl or a bowl that they will survive in only a bowl for the betta that's uncycled and inadequate for her to stay in long. What should I do!?

Turn the heat up on your tank, slowly, to 86 F. This will kill the ich. Wait until all white spots are gone, then keep the heat up for 2 weeks.

Ick is a bactria that grows under the fishes skin untill it falls off and looks for another host. While it swims its called a tormant turn the temperature up

Back
Top Bottom