Help ID THESE "things"???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Batt4Christ

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok- in the last few days, the little white "things" showed up on my driftwood.

The driftwood was collected from a stream several months ago, spent well over a month "aging" in the hot summer sun in the back if my truck (100+ degrees every day). When we set up this tank a month ago, I boiled this driftwood for over 2 hours (very large pot outside), scrubbed with a course brush until all loose stuff was gone, then boiled another hour. I'm fairly confident there was nothing "carried over" from it's former life.

Not long after I noticed these little white things, one of my horned Nerite snails started having something odd on it's shell. See pictures attached for visual aid:

I know several of our harlequin Rasboras have been fruit to spawn, but they tend to like leaves for their "business".

Any ideas?

Attachments

• image-2620569604.jpg
    image-2620569604.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 67
  • image-4037909890.jpg
    image-4037909890.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 67
yes the white things are eggs from the nerite. i used to have them in my DW, tank wall, in the filter, but as far as i was told, they won't hatch in freshwater, but in brackish water.

the things in the nerite's shell on the other hand I cannot tell what it is...am sorry.

Interestingly enough- the smaller horned Nerite was riding on the back of the slightly larger horned Nerite!!!

Back
Top Bottom