Help identify snail and snail eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrackAttack

Aquarium Advice Activist
Bought three snails and i dont know much about mystery snails. Are they all the same snail just different colors or different species. Petco labeled them as black mystery snail, blue snail and ivory snail.
One of them laid eggs and i think it was the blue snail but im unsure. How long will they take to hatch?

Attachments

• image-3683516031.jpg
    image-3683516031.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 106
  • image-13914158.jpg
    image-13914158.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 112
So the big one is an apple snail and the smaller are mystery?
And the eggs belong to the apple?

BrackAttack said:
So the big one is an apple snail and the smaller are mystery?
And the eggs belong to the apple?

Mystery apple is another name for apple snail if I am not wrong.

Also I have some eggs, am I supposed to wet them?

Cornstar said:
Mystery apple is another name for apple snail if I am not wrong.

Also I have some eggs, am I supposed to wet them?

Yes u are right about the names and some how also related to inca snails. Your suppose to wet them every so often some people put them in a container with a wet towel I don't know if this works I would wet/spray gently with some water every 5-10 hours or so.

They should hatch in roughly 21 days. I never wet mine since my tank is semi humid. In 14 days shine a light into the egg sac. If there's black dots you have babies. If it's clear then they aren't fertilized.

They should hatch in roughly 21 days. I never wet mine since my tank is semi humid. In 14 days shine a light into the egg sac. If there's black dots you have babies. If it's clear then they aren't fertilized.

how often are they not fertilized?

Fishie said:
He's right and I think the Thing is 1 out of 3 I think. But can vary.

Thats a bummer. Well im going to be away for a week and the area they are in stays humid so it shouldnt be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom