Help identifying fish?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reeb666

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A friend couldn't take care of these fish anymore and gave them to me, they are soon to be moved to a bigger, hopefully cleaner, tank. There is a common pleco (variety unknown), a gourami (variety unknown), a yellow frog (variety unknown), and some sort of silvery fish that I think is probably a giant danio. I would be extremely grateful if anyone could help identify any of these for me.

also, do giant danios do better in groups of danios? he and the gourami seem to be very friendly

Attachments

• IMG_2319.jpg
    IMG_2319.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2320.jpg
    IMG_2320.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2321.jpg
    IMG_2321.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2322.jpg
    IMG_2322.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I'm not sure on the exact variety of these fish but you're pretty close and I do think that's a giant danio. They do better in groups of 4-5+

Giant danio I am certain. Unless that gourami is really stressed it Doesn't look like a gold one. The frog looks like an albino ADF

Giant danio I am certain. Unless that gourami is really stressed it Doesn't look like a gold one. The frog looks like an albino ADF

I was going to say albino adf too, but I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between ADF and African clawed

I've never seen an albino dwarf African frog, op you should look up African clawed frog and see which it looks closest to.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but I would've guessed african clawed frog.
ACFs don't have webbing on their front feet, ADFs do. Might want to check into that. The clawed frogs get big, and I hear aggressive.
My sister and I had some as kids, but in separate tanks, and no fish, so I can't say whether or not they'll work with the current stock as it gets older.

Back
Top Bottom