help identifying this fish please...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darren1989

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there i was looking at barbs in my local fish store and was advised not to as they wouldnt get along with my guppys and platys so he showed me this fellow as in picture which looks like a barb but i really cant remeber its name also would like to know breeding info as have male and female one they have been in tank a week now and are very happy if anyone could help :) i am new here but from what iv seen is a brilliant forum i will posting later a pictire of my pregant guppy as its my attempt thank you :)

Attachments

• 20140824_205123.jpg
    20140824_205123.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 84
O have those but i dont now wath there are haha

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It is a type of tiger barb but not an actual tiger barb if that makes sense they dont grow much bigger then the picture and get on well with community fish unlike tiger barbs lol

I could be a zebra barb

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

pentazona barb- very cool fish. I've never been able to find them locally, or I would probably have a school of them.

Thank you perfectdepth my fish store hardly ever get these fish in which is why i got them aswell such cool fish and pretty markings, do u know anything about the breeding of these fish? Hard/easy? Eggs/live? Sorry for all questions just curious :)

Not really, sorry. Barbs lay eggs, and if I had to guess, soft, slightly acidic water is the key to breeding (as with other similar species)

just a tip to the original poster.... i am fairly new myself since april or may. and for the most part what i have learned at the fish stores is WRONG... your best bet, read, read, read, and ask, ask more and ask again. the folks here are very nice and helpful. many stores will tell you what they think you want to hear... IF your lucky you will find a store that does know what they are talking about and cares about your fish... my fist experiance. i picked the pretty fish, never advised about aggression, warm water, salt water or fresh wather. Oh the mess i had, and still have... very frustrating

Back
Top Bottom