HELP, Just realized the 75g I bought doesn't have a centerbrace!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i actually spoke to the seller and she said she doesn't have to money to replace as she spent it on food... also claims she didn't know and she was told it was an aquarium.. not much I can do for an 80$ purchase off kijiji

You could build a cool waterfall thinger with some white cloud Minnows! And some frogs!

return it

that looks like a home made tank I have never seen a tank like that, seams don't look at all sturdy. I would ditch it don't risk it have you ever seen what damage 75 gallons of water can cause. get your money back. when it comes to a large aquarium. I would never buy used, its not worth the risk. and I hope your on the first floor. if that thing gives way . it could cost you the cost of any damage done to other apts under you and around you. have had a 55 gal burst once. one I bought used. and let me tell you it wasn't pretty and did over 4000 dollars worth of damage. to dry wall. wood floors . I wouldn't risk it

that looks like a home made tank I have never seen a tank like that, seams don't look at all sturdy. I would ditch it don't risk it have you ever seen what damage 75 gallons of water can cause. get your money back. when it comes to a large aquarium. I would never buy used, its not worth the risk. and I hope your on the first floor. if that thing gives way . it could cost you the cost of any damage done to other apts under you and around you. have had a 55 gal burst once. one I bought used. and let me tell you it wasn't pretty and did over 4000 dollars worth of damage. to dry wall. wood floors . I wouldn't risk it
he can't return it, we've talked about this, no need to rub salt on a freshwater wound;)

Yeah I think so too. Archer,scat,puffer,mono,mudskipper and lots of mangrove roots. Go for sissus, cordyline terminalis,pandanus and fontinalis antipyretica as above water plants. Would be pretty awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not so helpful, as it's already been purchased and is not returnable. ;)

I used to have a 75 gallon with no center brace that was an actual aquarium. It was made in 1984 and intended to be that way... super thick glass, they don't make em like they used to for sure.

I've been buying used equipment for over a decade now. If you know what to look for, you'll rarely have a problem. The moment I saw the first pic I knew this was intended as a reptile enclosure, as Luananeko mentioned. Live and learn... and caveat emptor.

I love the idea for a mangrove setup, fishyfriends3. That would be fascinating!

I am just going to resell it but as a non fish tank and hope to get what I paid. Then probably just go to big Al's for a new proper aquarium

Back
Top Bottom