Help! lighting troubles with t8 bulb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmonday

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello,

Trying to get a 30 inch fixture, 24 inch t8 bulb to work. I don't necessarily think it's the bulb, as I tried both the old bulb that looked okay, and the new bulb. Neither turned on. I have a special plant optimizing t8 bulb, so now I'm just looking for a fixture quick :(

I've heard shop lights are a good solution. Can anyone recommend any to me that I can still use my 24 inch t8 bulb on?

The original fixture and bulb I purchased second hand, so I really don't know much about lighting systems. I'm jjust looking to grow some low to medium light plants. Thanks!

I would check out the starter first. It's a small "C" battery shaped thing with two small flattened prongs at one end. To remove it, twist is about 90 degrees and pull it out. Replacement starters should be available at any hardware store in the lighting section. The specs of the starter should be printed on it. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If this does not help, look at the Finnex line of LEDs (30" models). Low light (StingRay), medium light (Planted+), medium adjustable light (24/7).

Yeah, I think I might just return the bulb if I can and see about getting a finnex. Would the stingray be too little light for crypts, dwarg sag, anubias, moss and bacopa?

Yeah, I think I might just return the bulb if I can and see about getting a finnex. Would the stingray be too little light for crypts, dwarg sag, anubias, moss and bacopa?

Is this for a 20 long or 29g?

Back
Top Bottom