Help me cover my 40b Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monaro_gto

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I not so long ago picked up a 40g tank at Petco's $1/gallon sale and all was good. I have bought lights, canister filter, heater and substrate and I am just about ready to go.

But, I cannot find a lid for it any where, it would seem there is no tetra brand lid, the Aqeon versa top is 1/8" inch too long.

Who else has bought this tank and what cover did you use?

So I not so long ago picked up a 40g tank at Petco's $1/gallon sale and all was good. I have bought lights, canister filter, heater and substrate and I am just about ready to go.

But, I cannot find a lid for it any where, it would seem there is no tetra brand lid, the Aqeon versa top is 1/8" inch too long.

Who else has bought this tank and what cover did you use?

Is this a 40g breeder? The Aqueon versa tops should work since they have one specifically designed for 40g breeders..... The marineland glass canopies may have one.

marineland might be the go, I thought they only had 2 piece for the breeder tanks but I found a one piece. It is the breeder tank but it's tetra branded and the versa top is 1/8th" too long. Found that out the hard way.

marineland might be the go, I thought they only had 2 piece for the breeder tanks but I found a one piece. It is the breeder tank but it's tetra branded and the versa top is 1/8th" too long. Found that out the hard way.

Breeder 40g is definitely only 1 piece because it doesn't have a middle brace. Tanks 55g and bigger will have brace(s). So tetra tanks are a bit smaller than usual?

I did the exact same thing. Have been searching for a few days now and have been thinking of buying the Aqueon lid again and having it cut down the 1/8" needed. But then I found this...

Glass Aquarium Canopies Tops Lighting | Marineland
If you search the Q&A for "40 breeder" the second answer states that since Tetra and Marineland are brands of the same company the lid fits.

I did the exact same thing. Have been searching for a few days now and have been thinking of buying the Aqueon lid again and having it cut down the 1/8" needed. But then I found this...

Glass Aquarium Canopies Tops Lighting | Marineland
If you search the Q&A for "40 breeder" the second answer states that since Tetra and Marineland are brands of the same company the lid fits.

Thank you. I read on ebay from someone selling the marineland perfecto tops that the dimensions do work. It is 34 3/4 by 16 3/4. Will drop into Petland today and have them order it.

Breeder 40g is definitely only 1 piece because it doesn't have a middle brace. Tanks 55g and bigger will have brace(s). So tetra tanks are a bit smaller than usual?

It isn't the tank but the black rim on top is made a little thicker then the Aqueon 40b.

Thank you. I read on ebay from someone selling the marineland perfecto tops that the dimensions do work. It is 34 3/4 by 16 3/4. Will drop into Petland today and have them order it.

Sounds good :). Does the marineland tips have the back part open like the versa tops? ( versa tops have the plastic removable flap ). Does marineland have that?

Pick it up tomorrow so I will take a pick.

Ok. Thanks. I'm deciding whether to go with Aqueon or marineland too. But if marineland doesn't have the removable back section, then I have to go with the Aqueon since all the filter hoses go through the top.

Just came in today and here it is. It has the 2" plastic strip at the back.

79324-albums12911-picture60042.jpg

What light is that?

I'm guessing maybe a Current USA LED+
Great light. Pretty cheap. Med-high light. Great for plants. Fairly high tech with many color and light movement options. I was gonna go with that but instead went with Finnex Ray2.

Back
Top Bottom