Help me ID a new house guest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HolySnikeys

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I don't have a picture of this guy but I will do my best to describe.

I have never had fish before but I was given a freshwater tank and two fish by someone. They said take them or they are getting flush so I took them.

One I know is some sort or Cory, but the other I don't know, maybe a loach or reedfish?

Description:
It is thin and eel-like. About three inches long. Two sets of whiskers, one coming out of the nose area and one set under the chin. (Forgive my non-technical terms.) Originally it looked brownish, but under the light it has a green iridescence. Has a set of fins in the cheek area, a dorsal fin near the tail and the tail itself has a vertical fin. There maybe another set on the bottom of the tail. I am not sure because it is hard to get a good look. It spends most of its time hiding. When I took out everything in the tank to try and get a good look it buried into the pebbles at the bottom.

Anyone have any ideas. It is way to fast and small for me to snap a pic with my junky flip phone.

Hmm... Maybe a botia or a kuhli. Hopefully you can get a picture of it when you get lucky! Try turning off the light and leaving some food for it and use a flash light if you see movement to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom