Help me pick out a new filter :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaclear 110 or Emperor Bio-Wheel 400?

• Emperor Bio-Wheel 400

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I run to sponge inserts in my AC filters, If I see a need for water polishing, I put some polyester batting between the 2 sponges. The space left can be filled with plastic pot scrubbers, but with 2 sponge inserts, the bio capacity is already doubled.

I have to say Aquaclear as well. I just got one for my new 55g and it is one of the best filters I've ever used. I will definitely be buying this brand from now on for any HOB filter I need.

I use filter floss after my sponge and before the Bio ball bag and my water is crystal in a 29 gal. with the AC50

This shot is of the 20 gallon tank. It illustrates how badly I need a new filter. The canopy must be supported 2-3 inches above the aquarium in order to have enough room to mount the two tetra(?) 20-40 filters.

the water looks tea color. do you have driftwood in the tank?

I voted AC.
I had an Emperor, but I ended up using it for only a couple weeks because it was too loud. I went back to using my AC.
I've had AC filters (one I've had for about 10 years!) and have had no problems whatsoever with them.

rkilling1 said:
This shot is of the 20 gallon tank. It illustrates how badly I need a new filter. The canopy must be supported 2-3 inches above the aquarium in order to have enough room to mount the two tetra(?) 20-40 filters.

the water looks tea color. do you have driftwood in the tank?

I knew some one would notice :p I was out of town for nearly a month when that photo was taken. The person looking after my fish sent me some shots to ease my separation anxiety LOL

The tank is spick and span now -with some new plants I got during my time away.

Joe

Just so you know, I vote Emperor, lol. I have 2 400's and 1 280, and love them. I'm not an AC fan myself, never really liked them. As for flow control, both the 280 and the 400 have flow control for reducing flow, and you don't need powerheads with the 400. But it's like with any HOB on a longer tank like a 55G, if the HOB is on one end, the other end of the tank won't have much current and may need a powerhead for some flow. I have 2 400's on my 55G because I got them on a cheap sale at Big Al's about a year ago, were like 38.00 each. So no need for powerheads as I have an HOB on each end of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom