Help me rearrange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KryptiCouple

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I want to rearrange the community tank. How can I make this look better for the fish? It is fake plants, we don't have any live.

66238-albums10207-picture42295.jpg

You have the pieces necessary, I'd say bunch the rocks on one side, say the right side, the DW just left of center with live plants like swords, crypts and Anubias ... To .. Start along the right side and back. I like the look of a rock quarry like look with little to no plants on one side.

Is toss the background and go all black and look into maybe getting some taller plants for the rear. Those backgrounds to me look fake as can be

Is toss the background and go all black and look into maybe getting some taller plants for the rear. Those backgrounds to me look fake as can be

yeah yeah :p we finally got a trashbag on the Cichilid tank. And I do plan on getting taller stuff for the rear.

Jcolon, we're avoiding live plants for now until we have the extra money to get a good set up for them with lights, etc.

Looks good to me. I understand you can get bored with the look. I hate to refer to a fish tank as a toy, but it is a very cool one. I suggest more color.

yeah yeah :p we finally got a trashbag on the Cichilid tank. And I do plan on getting taller stuff for the rear.

Jcolon, we're avoiding live plants for now until we have the extra money to get a good set up for them with lights, etc.

what lighting .. if any ...do you currently have? I see a hood so I'm waging stock fluorescent lighting. Depending on the wattage, which I'm guessing is around 15W? That would be enough for low light plants like Java Ferns / Moss, Anubias and Crypts ... at least to start. No CO2 or other set up necessary. Just liquid ferts like Comprehensive and root tabs (if you get crypts). Higher light plants will require some different lights.

In the interim, even fake plants can be arranged to enhance the look. +1 on a black background ... really does make a difference.

what lighting .. if any ...do you currently have? I see a hood so I'm waging stock fluorescent lighting. Depending on the wattage, which I'm guessing is around 15W? That would be enough for low light plants like Java Ferns / Moss, Anubias and Crypts ... at least to start. No CO2 or other set up necessary. Just liquid ferts like Comprehensive and root tabs (if you get crypts). Higher light plants will require some different lights.

In the interim, even fake plants can be arranged to enhance the look. +1 on a black background ... really does make a difference.

We just got a new light, I forget what light. Box is still at home. I know I told the guy I wanted a more "natural" day light look for the tank, and he helped me pick a bulb out. Just forget which one. I'll let ya know when I get home from work today.

Back
Top Bottom