Help me with feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starzz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all I've recently bought a complete 4 ft tropical tank which the previous owner had had running for a few months. I've managed to set it up properly and it seems to be running fine. None of the fish seem to have any problems with each other. Only problem I'm noticing now is feeding. It came with the following fish:

- 1 x Shubunken
- 1 x Kissing Gourami
- 1 x Angelfish
- 1 x Clown loach (small)
- 2 x Jack Dempsey (Breeding Pair)
- 2 x Rainbow sharks (One albino)

I've tried feeding them today but I've noticed that all the food gets hogged by the one shubunken with the gourami and angelfish eating any leftover scraps that he misses. The previous owner gave me multiple packs of bloodworms (with 2 x basket feeder), sinking tropical fish pellets and general floating pellets as food, all of which the shubunken hogs up. It doesn't seem that he is chasing the others away, more like his presence makes the others completely avoid it altogether. I'm concerned that if this keeps up that the other fish will not be getting any food whatsoever and any efforts to feed them may result in my shubunken overeating. Any advice?

Try putting a tablet in first so the shubynkin can start eating it then while its eating thr tablet the other fish can
Eat the other food u put in

No offense but the problems are only going to ger worse with those fish, and not just feeding. The goldfish shouldn't be in there period, and breeding jacks may take out the rest of the tank. I'd seriously look into rehoming the goldfish at the very least, and do some in depth research on the other fish.

The problem is the goldifsh clearly and the only solution is to remove it from the tank. The goldfish shouldn't be in there in the first place since it lives in cold water and the other fish are tropical fish and require a heater. The only solution I see is removing the goldfish and giving him a more appropriate home.

Sorry for the late reply. No offence taken. That was already something I was concerned about, and am currently looking to sell the goldfish. I've also noticed the two rainbow sharks begin fighting out periodically. I've considered looking for a new home for one of them. The jacks have also started to snap at the gourami and goldfish when they get close. How concerned should I be about this? They seem to ignore the angelfish and sharks.

Back
Top Bottom