help me with tetra. i think my 40g doesnt like them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zilla870

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i tried 8 rummynose they all died in 4 days. waited 4 days got neon 10 and i am down to 3 for the last 2 and half days. water parameter are right on the money. doing my water changes weekly. tank has been setup for 8 weeks friday will be 9 weeks. no spike of any kind. check water every 2 days.

I just think this tank does want tetras in it. i am trying rummynose again found another place to get them. hope these guys work.

This is unfortunate zilla. Were all the deaths sudden (no signs of lethargy, disease, etc.)? Were they active at the store before you purchased them?

Believe it or not, changing your fish source may work. If you remember my recent Ram disaster, I got the news ones from a different store. I have my fingers crossed but I do see a marked improvement over the first ones (eating, swimming, etc). The first two didn't begin eating for a few days and then went to fishy heaven a couple of days after that.

the tetra all seemed fine at the store and for the first day then the dance of death came. check my water and all the levels were good. i think when i get my next tetras i am going to try a even longer acculimation process. mb fill the bag full 3 times and leave the light off after putting them in for 4 hours.

on your rams, how many days have you had them. mine ate on the 2nd day i think i was lucky on getting some very hardy blue rams.

Good luck with yours.

I got them last Friday. I used the lights out method of acclimation, which was immediately after I fed the fish. So far, they are far more active than the others in a shorter period of time.

best of luck to you on your rams. i am hoping these new rummy i am getting do better then the last ones. any tips from the tetra king. for keeping them alive and acculimating them.

What is the water ph of your supplier? i know that different lfs have different quality of fish. I have two in my area and one has much hardier fish t han the other. My first go I bought neones from the hardier lfs and actually cycled with them.

to be honest i never thought of asking them how are their water is only asked what they keep their PH at

I have always gone the "dump" method to introduce new fish. Not straight in except if they are in polluted bags. i.e. shipped. My theory is get them out of the bag asap and let tme enjoy the space of the tank.

I just let the temp adjust then in they go. If my water supply and lfs was vastly different I'd be more vigilant.

I have had bad luck with neons and sometime had whole batches drop dead after living seemingly healthily for a week or so then one after the other........ I don't buy them anymore, I upgraded to Cardinals.

Back
Top Bottom