Help my algae eater keeps jumping out of the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ebonydee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have an algae eater in my aquarium who jumps out when I'm not home. It's tank is always foggy and what are unclear and now he has white spots on them what can I do to make him better or what can I do check your his environment

Hello and welcome!

Please tell us a bit more about your setup-- tank size, water parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, pH, hardness, temperature), how long it's been up, which critters you have and how many of each, filtration, and water change routine.

My first thought is that you need a lid. I think the fish is trying to escape poor quality water, but we'll help you through that.

Thank you very much. Okay now that I'll get is hitting the lid I just put on aggressively and hard. The algae eater is 13 inches long and in a 30-gallon tank. I tested the water and everything is in safe Zone. I'm very new to this.

Ah. Your fish literally does not fit in the tank. It needs a bigger home, whether you upgrade your tank or find a new owner.
+1 That's a big fish! Definitely overstocked there, as nirbhao said, your fish needs room to swim and live a healthy life.

Back
Top Bottom