Help my canister filter is to strong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Despirotomatico

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got my canister filter but its to strong becose is sucking my fishes any idea how I can stop this

Put something over the intake? Possibly a sponge or something?

Yes, rubber-band an AQUARIUM-SAFE sponge over the intake. But look at the packaging of the sponge; many sponges are not aquarium-safe and the packaging will say whether or not it is.

I highly recommend the Fluval pre-filter sponges. You can get them on Amazon.com for a couple of dollars. I have one on my Eheim canister filter and one on my AquaClear HOB filter, so you do not need a Fluval filter even though the sponges are made by them. It just slips over your intake and you're good to go!

They also keep things like floating plant hunks from getting into the filter and decaying in there.

I went to my local fish store and I got a sponge and is working I lost 2 fishes already this filter was cleanig a 135 gallons before and my tank is only 65 gallons thanks for you help

I went to my local fish store and I got a sponge and is working I lost 2 fishes already this filter was cleanig a 135 gallons before and my tank is only 65 gallons thanks for you help

I really really doubt that's enough filtration to suck in more than fry.

Back
Top Bottom