help my community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
elmont/valley stream, long Island, New York
..... I have one angel, one pearl gouramie and one gold gouraime( same as three spot gouramie jus different clot pigment) I also have some other smal fish that was housed in the angel in my ten gallon tank.... Should u combine those in the 45 as my cousins community.....i also have 5 sarpea tetras but I am porbably going to return them since theybwould conflict with my angel.........ps my angel is my main fish.... I cannot get rid of him... Lol.... What should I do...I also. Don't mind retiring one of my gouramies...[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? Are you saying you have all those fish in a ten gallon tank?

siva said:
Wait, what? Are you saying you have all those fish in a ten gallon tank?

Ok lol. That's my bad bc I copy and posted this from my other thread..... So I was saying that my cosin have a 45 dome(pics are on my profile) and did a fish cycle with two gouramie and 5 sarpea tetras....(it was his choice to do a fish cycle I prefer not but he claims that he didn't have the time...but I help but some bacteria in with media from one of my tanks.)now I have a ten gallon with an angel and about 5 other small fish not sure of the names... I know one of them is a neon tetra.... So I decided that I should put all my fish in his 45 with only one gouramie..(pearl gouramie) and I would return the gold gouramie along with the 5 sarpea tetras bc they might conflict with my angel.... I have to keep the angel.... So he has to go in the 45 tank... The thing that I'm not sure about is who I should keep with him... Give me some advice please......

Ok I think I understand. So you are putting the angel in the 45 gal. Getting rid of the gold gourami, that's probably a good idea, they are generally pretty aggresive and I wouldn't want him with your angel. The serpae tetra may be ok...they do have a tendency to get nippy so keep a close eye. Adding 1 or 2 more serpae may help them be less nippy because they are schooling fish. Neons are great peaceful fish, but they too are schooling fish (all tetras all really) so I would get your neon some buddies, preferably 6 more. The pearl gourami I'm not sure on. It's possible it won't get along with the angel so just be prepared for that. I don't know what any of the other fish are, but if you need help with ID's, try to post some pics and I'll try to help ;)

If you get a larger school of tetras they won't nip at your angelfish. I have ten barbs in my 55g (which tend to be more nippy/aggressive than tetras) and they leave my angel and other fish alone. I think a gourami could work with an angel, but didn't you say earlier you had two gouramis in the same tank with your angel? That is not a good plan.. Gouramis can be aggressive with each other, or they may take it out on your angel. Pictures would help a lot. :)

Good. Now you have some room to play with. Maybe another angel?

It is a tetra. I can't see him clearly, but it looks like the Columbian red finned tetra.

The black one kind of looks like a female Molly, but that pic is even worse than the angel pic :p

Back
Top Bottom