HELP! My Kribs have eggs, now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stix_oz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
As the heading says my Kribs have just laid 30+ eggs in a little rock cave in my 70G community tank. I'm a total newbie to aquariums, got my first tank just over 2 months ago which has just finished cycling but have 5 tanks in total already.

My Kribs laid eggs today but i'm not sure what to do, considering they are first fish i have seen spawn i would like to try and take care of them as much as possible. Would should i do?

I'm thinking of buying a small tank to put them in but should i wait until they hatch? Should i put the parents in there as well? What do i feed them?

The community tank they are in has 10 Congo tetras in it along with some corys, rams and bristlenose.

What is the best thing i can do for these little fellas without going to extremes. I can afford another very small tank and filter setup but not much more.

Thanks in advance

Stix

Boil water!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I know nothing about breeding kribs, but I'm sure someone will be along to help soon.

Good luck--this is very exciting! Please post pics when you can. :)

Kribs are prolific. You may be better off just letting them be and setting up a breeding tank just for them the next time.

So by breeding tank you mean a tank with just my 2 Kribs in it?

Yes. A bare bottom tank with 2 clay flower pot caves should be sufficient. A ten gallon tank with a heater and a sponge filter will do but some breeders don't even use filters in the breeding tanks. Regular water changes every other day will take care of the built up pollutants.

Back
Top Bottom