Help! Need a breeding trap!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JacobThomson

Aquarium Advice Freak
As some may know from my previous feed I may have a pregnant guppy on my hands. To be on the safe side I want to get a breeding trap. Amazon sell them , 2 I found both have excellent and terrible reviews about them! Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

I prefer to not put the momma guppies in the breeding traps because it tends to stress them out, and if they're stressed it can cause them to either delay birthing or to abort, and I would catch as many fry as possible and put them in the trap. But if you want to put the guppy in the trap wait until she looks very squared off, but don't leave her in there more than about 2 days as that could cause too much stress.

I prefer to not put the momma guppies in the breeding traps because it tends to stress them out, and if they're stressed it can cause them to either delay birthing or to abort, and I would catch as many fry as possible and put them in the trap. But if you want to put the guppy in the trap wait until she looks very squared off, but don't leave her in there more than about 2 days as that could cause too much stress.

Okay great, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom