help need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have been thinking on getting a 40+ tank but i dont know what i want to put in or if i should get it.

so this are my current thoughts:

some discos, but im not an expert yet but thats in the future.
maybe start another saltwater fish tank.

and this is so far my best idea/thoughts:

maybe skip the buying a 40+ tank and invest on my current 75 gal planted tank by getting another filter, i was thinking of canisters but they are pricey and i currently have one. so i was thinking on a hob, my question is what hob filter will you recommend???? im looking for one with a bio wheel or a place for sponges aswell as carbon space.

also for a 75 gallon tank is it best to have 2 heaters or one??? i currently have a eheim jager 200 watt is that good enough or should i get another one????

:thanks:

my question is what hob filter will you recommend???? im looking for one with a bio wheel or a place for sponges aswell as carbon space.
That's easy, you already know the answers you're going to get. ;) An AquaClear or an Emperor (bio wheel) if you have the room. If you need it smaller try a Penguin. You could also take a look at the C-series Fluvals. Just get one that has the features you like for the money you want to spend. They are all basically the same.

That's easy, you already know the answers you're going to get. ;) An AquaClear or an Emperor (bio wheel) if you have the room. If you need it smaller try a Penguin. You could also take a look at the C-series Fluvals. Just get one that has the features you like for the money you want to spend. That are all basically the same.

thx im not sure yet im 50/50 due that im not sure if i should get the filter or a 55 gal wit everything

(3)55 gallon fish Tanks - Pet Equipment and Supplies - Pets and Livestock - Roy - For Sale - Classifieds | ksl.com

its just tempting, but if i dont get the tank im getting the filter

they have everything you need to get them going
Not exactly very informative. I'd check first with him to get a list of what exactly does "everything" mean. You may end up spending more money and buying a new filter for this tank anyway.

As for your question about heaters... I don't really know but... Place another thermometer or two around the tank and monitor them. If they all read the same you are probably good. If they are different then you may need another one or just a bit more flow towards any dead spots.

Back
Top Bottom