Help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah the guy at my lfs said test the water its in and try amd replicate it best as posible he said aim for gravity level of around 1.005

awsome i aslo finaly got another heater for my big tank just need substrate and nice looking slate or texas holly rock i aslo picked up some new substrate for the long tank was wondering if calic substrate is ok was $5 a bag so couldnt help my self

alright iv chucked a power head in a bucket of water aprox 75ltr water is 1.006 ph is at 8.2 ammonia 0ppm nitrite 0ppm nitrate 0ppm so far so good iv chucked a hand full of clean play pen sand in it and a peice of pvc pipe this should be ok for a few weeks to a mobth right

alright iv set up a bucket got the salinity even what ph do i aim for and is a protein skimmer suited to bw of only full salt

Seems like you're doing pretty well so far! I'm a big fan of bumblebee gobies and have been keeping mine for a while. Quick question, though. I saw in an earlier post you had mentioned aquarium salt. Did you buy aquarium salt or a marine mix salt?
Aquarium salt (the kind that's manufactured for freshwater aquariums) doesn't actually give you a brackish tank. You need marine salt to convert to brackish.
Your pH should be in the 8.0 range. And you really only need a protein skimmer with fish in larger setups. It wouldn't hurt! It's just not necessary for bb gobies.
And I keep my bumblebees at 1.008-1.010

marine salt the red sea stuff guy at the lfs said it is the same stuff he uses gave me some free stuff to lije a power head and water conditioner and some stuf to help prevent stress think it was stress coat plus correct me if im wrong and other tricks and tips i can use

so i need to add some more salt to jump it up from 1.005 to 1.008 and my ph from 7.4 to around 8 ok when i finish work il bump them up and what temp should i got every one is givin me somthing different iv got it at 26c

think il add the protein skimmer once i rehome some the fish in the tank im using

ok tested again today to make sure te tanks fine test read

HR PH 8.0
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
nitrate 0ppm
Salinity 1.005

so I think I will give it the green light as being healthy an happy seem more active now aswell much more curious of this

tested again last night my nitrates are starting to rise but im not to worried as its only set up for a month

every well seem happy iv got it on blood worms and flake its good eats out my hand now XD

happy lil fishy waiting to get another so he has a friend

Attachments

• image-276168796.jpg
    image-276168796.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 57
  • image-200887035.jpg
    image-200887035.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 72
its made me want to try my hand at full salt

how many do you rekon I would be able to have in this tank I have a feeling it would ve ok for 1 more but I dont want it getting to terratorial

Back
Top Bottom