Help needed with Swordtail bully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warthog76za

Aquarium Advice Freak
Unfortunately I dont have an extra tank and the aquahome still has the guppy/swordtail fry, problem is my male swordtail is really bullying the female swordtail, which we bought the same time, a week ago we added two more females in the hope of him laying off the bullied female. She now comes out to eat and then goes in hiding between filter and glass.

I can see the male does need a "time-out" of sorts to curb his behaviour which has gone haywire the last few days, its like he just targets this specific female. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having the same problem'ish. One of my mollies just gave birth and male Mollie keeps biting around her anal fin (I suspect that she is still pregnant). I think it's annoying her so she has been chasing him across the tank for about 30 mins. I turned off all the lights to make her sleep and things have calmed since then.

Sometimes fish will harass others simply because they're weak, ill, or annoyed. So your female may have a disease, it might be annoying the male, or perhaps he is exercising his manliness over her.

Back
Top Bottom