Originally Posted by FiiishGuy
It is a 20 gallon tall and my ammonia is close to 0 but i don't know the nitrate and nitrite, it was a test strip that was color coded so the color meant good.
Any amount of ammonia or nitrite is toxic, there are no safe levels. You indicates the tank has been running for a couple of years so any amounts of detectable ammonia or nitrite indicates a serious issue. How frequently are you doing water changes and how much?
Im hesitant to reccomend fish if your current tank isn't handling the biolaod well.
The test trips are notoriously inaccurate and I would recommend you invest in a liquid reagent test.
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app