Help - New 10 gallon water issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaynick1218

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a ten gal tank its has been running for 4 weeks and has 4 fish in it a platy, black molly and two tetras. The ph is 6.6 ,ammonia is 2.0 and nitrite is 0. Its been like that for about a week now I test its everyday. Should I put ammoniasafe in the tank or just let its work its self out? The fish seem to be fine. There not darting all around and they are eating. I feed them every other day. There eyes are clear and scales and fins look good.

What are your nitrates at? You want ammonia to be zero and nitrites zero and nitrates to be 20-40.

I would do a 50% water change then test your water. Make sure you have a water treatment like prime or aqua safe. I use aqua safe. A lot of people prefer prime because it takes half the amount of prime to treat the water as it does to use aqua safe to treat the water. When i use up my aqua safe I will be switching to prime.

Is that stuff the same as stress coat or is it different? If different what does its do? Thanks

What type of tetras , I'm surprised they're still alive with that ammonia.? Ideally they like to be in schools of 3 plus. I use tis ammonia remover stuff, it worked for me ! :)

Back
Top Bottom