Help! New black ghost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jefe

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55 gallon tank and I have pretty large black ghost. I saw this baby ghost that seem like they didn't know what they were doing so I decide to save him anyways idk what to do should I divide the tank so they can do half half or any ideas I know you can't have two ghost in there buts its only for a month or two getting a bigger tank soon

Do you think you could repost with some periods and commas? I can't understand you, and you might get your question answered.

It seems like he has a black ghost knife fish in a 55 gallon tank. He then saw a youthful black ghost knife fish in a shop and as the employees seemed clueless, he decided to rescue it from their evil clutches. He knows that you are not supposed to have more than one of these black ghost knife fishes in a single 55 gallon tank, so he wants to know if he can, in some way, divide the tank so he can house both black ghost knife fishes until he acquires another tank in which he can place one each.

I think.

Yea you got it! Sorry was busy. That's pretty much it. Any ideas??

I have a large BGK, and I would venture to say that dividing the tank isn't a good idea. They need a lot of room to swim around, and they are pretty active at night. How big is your large guy?

Large BGK = Close to a foot = >55G tank = No to two BGKs...

I am fairly certain they make tank dividers so you could separate the tank into two parts until you get that new tank. I don't think it would be ideal, but otherwise, you're going to risk them being aggressive.

A quick search showed several people who have multiple BGKs in one tank that co-exist fine, but if the new one is so much smaller, I see that being less likely in your case. :(

Thanks getting a 100+ once income tax comes in.

You should probably do some keyword searches on google or bing or something about BGKs. I'm no expert, and I only spent a few minutes looking through links for info. I don't want you to act on my advice and lose a fish. >_>

Back
Top Bottom