Help! New Fish Owner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieNewb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

I just got a 20 gallon tank and was wondering what kind of fish would work best in it. I've had fish before, but I've never been "in charge" of choosing the fish (only ooohing and aaahhhing at them in the store).

Here's some info about my set up:
20 gallon tank
Aquaclear 30 gallon filter

Do I need anything else?

I really want a kissing gourami so would love to hear some info about what I could put in a tank with one (or more) of them!

Thanks so much! :thanks:

You could do a community tank with some gouramis but there is a lot of community fish you can get with a pair or so. If you don't have a heater I
would get one also make sure your cycle is finished :D

Where do you live? Because I live in Florida and none of my tanks need a heater.

vanimal said:
Where do you live? Because I live in Florida and none of my tanks need a heater.

Well you don't have to I keep my room temperature different than my tanks but you don't have to. I live by you ^_^

Cool I live in Fort Lauderdale how bout you? And what temp are your tanks at?

vanimal said:
Cool I live in Fort Lauderdale how bout you? And what temp are your tanks at?

I'm kinda of a traveling guy for the minute but right now Jacksonville :D I keep mine around 80F and I keep my condo colder.

Same all my tanks are at 80 and all my fish seem healthy and happy!

FishieNewb said:
Hi everyone,

I just got a 20 gallon tank and was wondering what kind of fish would work best in it. I've had fish before, but I've never been "in charge" of choosing the fish (only ooohing and aaahhhing at them in the store).

Here's some info about my set up:
20 gallon tank
Aquaclear 30 gallon filter

Do I need anything else?

I really want a kissing gourami so would love to hear some info about what I could put in a tank with one (or more) of them!

Thanks so much! :thanks:

kissing gouramis get quite large. much too large for a 20 gallon. I would think of a smaller gourami such as the dwarf gourami. they have a beautiful orange and aqua

Back
Top Bottom