help on baby fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

devonmeloan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i got some baby fry from petsmart and im not sure what kind ive got. anyways i think one is a cichild. i feed them twice a day about 2 flakes in crumbs.i have 6 of them.there in a little breeding box but i dont know if thats right for them... is it? they have been in there for about 10 days now and ii am not sure if i should move them to my 1 gallon tank or not. i dont have an extra heater or filter i just have a regular 1 gallon tank with nothing in it but a lid and a air pump.the breeding box is inside my 36 gallon tank but im afraid o move them because i dont want them to die because theres no heat or filter. what should i do. i feed them regular fish flakes for a tropical comunity tank. im new to this sight HELP ME PLEASE...

sorry ii posted on your quiston idk how to ask a quiston on this site

No problem at all. I reported the post so that the mods can move it to a new thread. You'll get more responses that way.

In my opinion, an unheated and unfiltered tank is inadequate for any fish. I'd either allow nature to take it's course in your tank (i.e. fry get eaten) or take them back. Can you get pics of the fry? They may not even be compatible with your current fish if they do manage to survive.

Oh, and... welcome to AA! :)

IMO, I' d get the one gallon set up asap; I think that would get the fry the best chance. A sponge filter and a small heater wouldn't be expensive and you could use some gravel or old filter media to do a fast cycle. I'd also try feeding with some newly hatched brine shrimp rather than the crumbled flakes.

Back
Top Bottom